Monday, February 05, 2007

They Want Your Pits


They Want Your Pits
Originally uploaded by sisudave.

If you find a pit in your Cherries, OregoN says to send it to them and you'll get a surprise in return. I mailed it in today. I told them it is not really a complaint by me as I don't mind. In fact, I suggested they try marketing cans of unpitted cherries. I'd like to see the cherries not mashed and no problem spitting out the pits. Then you could imagine you were eating fresh ones right off the tree.Probably not a good idea for the tart ones that you make the pies out of though.

Cherries generally don't grow or produce well here so you pretty much just see the ornamental cherry trees. in South Carolina.

Apparently I have the gout and now taking a pill for that, too. Also one for pain if I have another flare-up, but haven't needed. I always understood it was a disease of Royalty (King Henry VIII) so have been eating lots of the Royal Anne's, but also Bing and making pies out of the tart red cherries. Cherries are supposed to be one of the comfort foods for gout so I have been eating plenty. No problem as I love them - just wish they were cheaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home