Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last Day of 2006!

It's beginning to look a lot like springtime, everywhere you go.
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Springtime, Every Where You Go
Pink tulips at Bi-Lo. Nice to see the fresh spring-time blooms, even if just in the grocery store of bulbs forced into early bloom. You realize that spring can't be too far away and only a couple of months of winter to endure. But, at my age I'm not rushing it, and just trying to enjoy the delights that each day can bring.
HOORAY!!! Just the Trunk To Go
Neighbors giant pine tree suddenly died last summer. He kept saying he was going to have it removed in the Fall. I kept waiting for it to fall on my house which was just 30 feet from it. Fortunately just a week after winter began, a crew showed up yesterday morning to remove the tree and a couple others.
Bless You
That was a long way up there. It was dark day and light rain when I went out to take pictures. Rain drops kept falling on lens. It never got any worse and they continued cutting all day.

TIMBER!!!
Originally uploaded by sisudave.
TIMBER!!!
First part of trunk on way down. About three BULKY guys on ground, including neighbor's grandson, steering falling limbs and trunk as they came down to avoid power lines.
I slept a lot easier last night with that tree out of there.











I don't usually involve myself with New Year's resolutions, but one I am going to make and try very hard to keep is top update this blog more regularly. Hope everyone has a safe, happy and prosperous New Year out there, yah hear.
Happy New Year
Amaryllis Blush Pink  -  BiLo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home